Thursday, April 14, 2011

THE TITANIC SUNK TODAY

April 14th, 1912. That would be the date that the Titanic hit the iceburg that sunk it. Lives were lost that day, and I'm posting this in remembrance of those lives.

I've had a bit of a fascination with the Titanic since I was little; I've never seen the movie (gasp! I know, what kind of person am I?), but when I was younger my godfather took my brother and I to a traveling exhibit that was set up in our city that was all about the Titanic. They gave you a ticket with the information of a person who was REALLY on the Titanic, and they even had a giant ice block that was supposedly the same temperature as the water would have been when the Titanic crashed. It was by far one of the coolest experiences of my life - I'm just sad that one of my best experiences had to be fueled by the misfortune of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment