Wednesday, March 23, 2011

FIVE COVERS I FIND BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL

So it's 12:34 AM, and I'm watching the Nanny on Nick at Night (say that three times fast). I probably should be asleep because I have to wake up and go to school early tomorrow, but alas, I am not asleep, nor am I remotely tired. It's storming outside, and for whatever reason, this spurred the thought in my head that a lot of the music I listen to happens to be artists covers of songs - often times, I find I like the covers better than I like the original. So these are the first five songs that happened to come to mind, in no particular order:

Sweet Dreams are made of This – Emily Browning [Eurythmics] This only actually came out on March 22nd, because it's part of the Sucker Punch soundtrack (which, by the way, I can't wait to go see). I really, really enjoy this version of the song.

Umbrella – Taylor Swift [Rihanna]
What I like about You – Lilix [The Romantics]
Somebody to Love – Anne Hathaway [QUEEN]
Sympathy for the Devil – Guns n’ Roses [The Rolling Stones]

Mostly for the other four songs, I know that what I like better about them is the vocals - as a singer, I'm a little picky about the vocals in music, not going to lie. In a family of musicians, it's pretty hard not to be picky, music-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment