Thursday, March 24, 2011

I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BORN AN 80's KID

So I feel even more sick than I did earlier today. It sucks. But I was surfing the net, trying to keep down my dinner (didn't work, FYI, though that's also probably TMI), and I came across a video to a song that I hadn't heard since I was little.



Haha, David Bowie! The Labyrinth. That was like one of the biggest movies of my childhood, along with The Neverending Story, A Little Princess, The Secret Garden, and The Witches. I know, I know. I was born in the early nineties, but I'm telling you, I think I was raised as an 80's kid. My opinion of this only doubles when I consider the music my mom played all the time: Tears for Fears, The Mama's and the Papa's, The Beatles, and one song by Patsy Cline called 'Crazy'. I'm telling you right now, this is the reason that I have such weird taste in music.

What other seventeen year old adores Glenn Miller? And if you know one, be sure to tell me - then maybe I won't feel like I have my own separate species in this world! Because, let's be honest. When you like Glenn Miller, and you're the ONLY one in your school who does, it's not a mystery who's phone went off in class when everyone hears Moonlight Serenade playing as a ring tone!

No comments:

Post a Comment